Saturday, August 22, 2020

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

By Suzanne Collins
Hardback
517 pages
YA

A friend lent me this to read - it's a prequel to the Hunger Games trilogy. 

It is very separate from the other novels - it takes place way before, during the 10th annual Hunger Games. 

Some lines to consider before jumping into the story. It is a story of ambition, control, want, appearances, and power. 

The main character is Coriolanus Snow. Yes, future President Snow. It's actually been so long since I read the trilogy that I wasn't sure until I looked it up whether this was the same character, or an ancestor. 

But I was rooting for him almost the while time. 

There is a moment at the end that didn't feel right to me, but overall this was an enjoyable, readable book. And a quick read: I started it Thursday evening, and finished it Friday night - and I went to work during the day on Friday! 

(For the record - that means that I liked this one, and the first book in the trilogy. I dont actually like the second or third books!)

No comments:

Post a Comment