Saturday, August 22, 2020

Goddess in the Machine

By Lora Beth Johnson
Hardback
385 pages
YA SF
Owlcrate 

Totally, 100% science fiction, even though it does talk about magic.

This was super interesting, and I read the entire thing today. 

Letter from the author! 

And signed!

The most fun part of gilded edges: when you open the book for the first time, and turn the pages, and the very edges stick together and you have to pull them apart.

So. Characters: likable and interesting. Plot: satisfying. I guessed some plot points, but it did still hold surprises. Ending: good. I mean, I disliked some of the choices characters made, but it was actually okay. 

But there was also this chapter:
I started to translate it, but decided not to do the whole thing. May contain spoilers, I don't know.

And - joy of joys - I think it's a stand alone novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment