Saturday, November 7, 2020

Solutions and Other Problems

By Allie Brosh
Humor
518 pages
Hardback 

I was so excited when I heard that this was coming out! I loved Hyperbole and  Half - her previous book. 

The art style is weird but charming, and the stories she tells feel honest and true. 

There is no chapter 4. 

The book is listed as Humor for the genre, but I would have thought Creative Non-fiction? It's memoir, I believe. 

Allie Brosh did the words, and the pictures, and even the jacket design. 


It's a cute, and funny, and sad book. 

It weighs a million pounds. Seriously, I think this might be the heaviest book I've ever owned. It made sense when I thought about it, becuase they had to use thicker paper so all that ink wouldn't just bleed right through. 

I actually pre-ordered the book, and got a signed copy. I'm weirdly happy about having signed books. 

I loved this book.

Check out her website if you want a preview of one of the chapters: Hyperbole and a Half

No comments:

Post a Comment