Monday, June 22, 2020

Blueberry Pie

I hadn't made a blueberry pie in years. When I wanted a summery pie I usually made peach blackberry or peach black currant. Maybe apple. 
But the grocery store had these weird 4 pound bags of blueberries, so I thought that would be a good idea. 

Since the berries were frozen, I put the right amount in the fridge to thaw overnight.

filling recipe, bake time and temp. 

filling all mixed up and getting juicy while I make the crust.

crust recipe- the numbers in the middle, ignoring all those other notes. 

SIDE TANGENT!
Leftover crust? Roll it out, spread with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then roll it up again! Cut in slices, not more than an inch wide. 

bake at 350 for 20ish minutes. 
I call these Snails. 

Now, back to pie!

completed pie!
The flowers allow for the steam to escape during cooking. 

I forgot to take a picture of my own piece of pie. This is my child's next day breakfast pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment