Saturday, March 28, 2020

Coffee Cake

It is wet and cold and rainy today.
The perfect kind of day to bake something warm and sweet for breakfast. I had the perfect amount of time, too - I was up about 30 minutes before anyone else in my family usually gets up.

My mom gave me this recipe - that's her handwriting and everything! No idea where she got it from, but I would guess the back of a Bisquick box.

This time I used nonstick cooking spray on the pan. It worked just fine. 
I use my local store's Baking Mix instead of Bisquick. 
I used almond milk and margarine - but I added 3 tablespoons of margarine instead of 2, because it finished off the end of the stick and I was lazy. 

This time I used a pastry knife to make the crumble (instead of squishing it by hand) and it was much simpler and way less messy.

In the oven for 22 minutes. 

Tasted a little eggy to me - but I think that may be something about the almond milk? Becuase my waffles tasted eggy as well. Maybe the almond milk doesn't cut the egg flavor like other liquids would. 

No complaints from the first child to emerge and consume their share.

No comments:

Post a Comment