Monday, December 18, 2023

A Study in Drowning

By Ava Reid
376 pages
YA Fantasy 
Owlcrate Special Edition 

It is a beautiful book. You can't see the lovely pearly sheen in this photo. 

back of dust jacket

There's a whole other cover inside the dust jacket.

And the actual book is pretty too. Although mine does have a couple of odd wrinkles. 

Author letter and signature page

First page.

So she is an architecture student who is selected to design updates to the ramshackle house of a recently dead famous author. While there she gets to know a literature student who is secretly trying to debunk the author. 

Overall I didn't really like this story as much as I kept wanting to. I didn't love the characters, the creepy wasn't as intense as I wanted, and I figured out the twist maybe half way through the book.  

I loved this though. 

And this was beautiful and sad. 

It is a stand alone novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment