Thursday, June 22, 2023

Divine Rivals

By Rebecca Ross
362 pages
Hardback
Owlcrate first edition

Oh wow. I started reading this book around 8am today - it is not quite 3pm and I just finished it. 

This book was riveting. I didn't want to put it down- although I did take a little lunch break. 

This book had a little bit of everything: sass, humor, magic, romance...

It also had warfare, and soldiers, and infirmaries. And magical typrewriters.

I even cried at one point. 
No, I won't say when. It's not the above page...

It's also just a beautiful edition! Owlcrate really stepped it up. 

Stamped edges:
With a black ribbon bookmark.

Foiled Hardcover 
The front 

the back

Beautiful end papers:

The neat inside pages:
those typewriter key letters

bound in author letter

signature page

Not tension the art inside the dust jacket (above) or to neglect the back of the dust jacket:
Totally calls for at least a second book - I'm guessing duology because the author has written a couple of those - and I'm really looking forward to the next volume! 

No comments:

Post a Comment