Saturday, December 26, 2020

Among the Beasts & Briars

By Ashley Poston
338 pages (plus a "post credits" scene) 
Hardback
YA Fantasy 
Owlcrate 

I devoured this book. It was one of those ones that I kept itching to pick up again as soon as I put it down. 

front cover

Synopsis

It was creepy (those monsters in the woods!) and not entirely predictable (most of my guesses were right, but a few surprises). 

I liked the world and the characters. I wanted more. (The post credits scene sets up a possible next book - but everything is wrapped up pretty neat and tidy.) I was both glad and sad that it wasn't the start of a series. 

Plus, what a gorgeous book! 

Look at that pretty signature page! At those gorgeous burgundy page edges! 

That map!

The secret, inside the dust jacket artwork!

Owlcrate subscribers also got a letter from the author:
and I think some of those above pretty features were also elusive for us. 

I've Read one other book by this author: Heart of Iron. I've been meaning to pick up the sequel for a long time, but haven't managed to. 

This book is great. I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment