Monday, April 6, 2020

Baked Pasta

Today for dinner I wanted to make something a little different. Many years ago, when we visited my brother and sister-in-law, she made us this amazing baked macaroni. I loved it. I copied down the recipe.  

I made variations on it a couple of times, but my kids really just prefer plain pasta with some grated parmesan, so I haven't made up this recipe in years. But, time to have something a little different! 
I wrote Marie's name at the top, so I could remember who I got it from. Today when we were talking she said it was her step-dad's recipe. 

Step 1: cooking the onion.

Step 2: the sauce simmers. I didn't have any tomato juice, so I used a small can of tomato sauce instead. 

Step 3: cook pasta as sauce simmers.

How cute is this spoon rest?

Step 4: drain cooked pasta and add to sauce. This is rigatoni. That's what we had. 
The recipe called for long macaroni. I had to look that up. 
It looks like little tubes.

When it was time to cook the pasta, I actually called my sister-in-law. How much comes in a box of long macaroni? Will this one bag or rigatoni be the right amount?

It was perfect. 

Step 5: add cheese and mix it up! I probably used twice as much cheese as called for. I love cheese.

Step 6: put in baking dish. More cheese!

This part would have gone faster if I'd remembered to preheat the oven. I often forget that step.

*drools*

Step 7: eat too much pasta because it tastes so good. 

-

I loved it. My youngest didn't like it. She's not a big fan of tomatoes. I kind of expected it. The rest of the family ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment