Saturday, April 20, 2019

Eligible

Ever heard of The Austen Project?

I hadn't until I was looking for a picture for this post.

I read Eligible on a friend's recommendation, and because it's not that hard to get me to read something based on Pride and Prejudice.

As retellings go, it was really successful. Curtis Sittenfeld achieved a good balance of source material and updating. Plot points were different, but recognizable.

It's set in Cincinnati, and Liz & Jane have to fly home from New York to deal with a family health scare. From there, the story progresses more or less as one would expect.

Darcy is an arrogant neurosurgeon, which feels more believable that just a rich do-nothing.

It was fun. But I probably won't read it again.
(I finished reading this on April 18)

Image from the author's website:
Eligible

No comments:

Post a Comment