Sunday, December 4, 2016

Six of Crows

By Leigh Bardugo
Hardback
462 pages

What a super pretty book. I love the cover and the black edged pages.

It's set in the same universe as a previous trilogy by the same author. I know that some people had trouble getting into the world or understanding what was happening because of that, but I had no such problems.

I found the world lush and interesting and easy to grasp. The characters were original and fascinating. The story was engaging.

So- what happens is that a 17 year old mastermind plots to break into an impenetrable fortress to kidnap a prisoner and return him for a bounty.

This goes super according to plan. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

I need the second book now! Yes, the plot did wrap up - but there are some unresolved (major!) things.

Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment